Problem skin has it’s ups and downs. It’s a very bumpy road (haha geddit geddit) #badacnejoke. But speaking from experience, there are some definite things I can’t even be mad about, and I’ve only experienced them because of this nonsense skin 😂 😭:
- If it’s adult acne, you can usually get away with student specials because you look 19.
2. You can be sure bae likes you for more than your looks- and you know its real when they remind you to apply your spot cream.
3. Growing up with pimples makes you internally strong because kids are mean 😂
4. You’re low-key an expert in skincare, even if your own skin doesn’t show it.
You can write a comparative thesis of Accutane, birth control and homeopathy for clearing acne. It’s also why your bathroom is basically a pharmacy.
5. You are patient af- mainly because of all the Becky’s who keep telling you to “just drink more water”
6. Adult acne is a great bonding activity between you and your kids.
7. You’re incredibly disciplined and never disrespect your skincare routine. Even if its 3am, coming back in from the club, you will be doing the things before bed.
8. Your self-love game is 💯 because it gets tested every time another breakout happens. Ofc this is usually before some important life event, because acne is petty like that.
9. Acne makes you an amazing friend for tons of reasons- you’re clued up on skincare, & you have tons of products for them to steal (because it never worked for you) but can’t throw away because that sh*t was expensive.
10. It taught you that parents don’t know everything: “Don’t worry, you’ll grow out of it!” was your lifeline as a teen.
10. That feeling of accomplishment when you find something that works semi-decently and your skin behaves.
If you’re on the problem skin train like me, just remember its not all bad. You are more than what your epidermis decides to do that day- having acne does not make you any less brilliant as a human being. And if you don’t believe me, just ask your friends 🙆 Drop a comment if you have been through the most, or are currently fighting the good acne fight like I am 😆 I would love to hear from my fellow soldiers in the trenches how you’re managing your skin!